Skip to main content
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Rides & Events
North Shore Century
Group Riding Guidelines
Tips for New EBC Riders
Winter Riding Tips
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
SUNDAY 7/8, 9:00 am, Fast, Remote Start to Cantign...
7/6/2018 4:11 PM
I plan to join Brian's ride on Sunday from Villa Park to Cantigny. I can take another bike on my bike rack if someone wants to carpool. Peter 847-561-1062 (m)
7/6/2018 2:46 PM
The weather looks perfect for Sunday, so join us. From our remote start in Villa Park, we ride through western suburbs to Fermi Lab, and then to Cantigny Park where we have lunch and visit the First Division Museum, which tells the sights, sounds and soldiers' stories from the first world war to modern times. Outside the museum the iconic tank park features 100 years of motorized armor. The museum was renovated last year so this year will be our first peek at the new exhibits.
And of course, near the end of the ride we will stop at a DQ for ICE CREAM!
One way to get to the start of the ride is:
· Go South on the Tollway (I-294)
· Exit West onto I-290 towards Rockford/IL 64
· Immediately, at the first interchange, go West on North Ave (IL 64)
· Go Left (south) at IL 83
· Go Right (west) at St. Charles Ave
· Go Left (south) in three blocks at Villa Ave
· Go Right (west) in two blocks at Kenilworth Ave. (If you cross railroad tracks you have gone too far)
· Shortly after turning onto Kenilworth, you'll find public parking on the right, from which the ride will start. It is a U-shaped parking lot around a little park, which doubles as a trail head for the Great Western Bicycle Trail. The public parking lot is located right behind the More Brewing Company at 126 S. Villa Ave, Villa Park, IL, 60181.
Driving from Wilmette takes 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic.
Return to Forum